Resumen del Curso
Transitioning to Lean-Agile practices for building technology-based capabilities is especially challenging in the government context.
But issues of legacy governance, contracting, and organizational barriers can be overcome with the right information and strategies. During this course, attendees will learn the principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation of a program inside a government agency.
Attendees gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and why it’s an essential foundation for transformation. They’ll also get practical advice on building high performing, multi-vendor Agile teams and programs, managing technology investments in Lean flow, acquiring solutions with Agile contracting, launching the program, and planning and delivering value using SAFe. Attendees also learn how specific leadership behaviors can drive successful organizational change in government.
Quién debería asistir
Business Analyst, Agile Coach, SAFe Program Consultant, Practice Lead
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience.
However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended:
- A foundational understanding of the Agile Manifesto, SAFe House of Lean, and SAFe Principles is required using pre-work suggestions
- A foundational understanding the full lifecycle of government technology programs is helpful
- Registered attendees will receive a list of readings and videos specific to Agile in government that will be beneficial to review before the course
Objetivos del curso
To perform the role of a SAFe® for Government leader, attendees should be able to:
- Transition government programs from traditional software and systems development models to Lean-Agile and DevOps mindset, principles, and practices using SAFe
- Adapt technology strategy, budgeting and forecasting, acquisition, compliance, and governance processes to flow-based practices using emerging government guidelines
- Organize government programs into one or more Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and execute in Program Increments (PIs)
- Explore Large Solution coordination in a government and multi-vendor environment
- Identify and internalize the mindset and leader behaviors essential to successful Lean-Agile transformation
- Follow success patterns for SAFe implementations adapted to the government context
- Build a preliminary outline of next steps to begin and/or accelerate the SAFe implementation in your program or agency
Contenido del curso
- Advancing Lean-Agile in government
- Embracing a Lean-Agile mindset
- Understanding SAFe principles
- Creating high-performing Agile teams and programs
- Planning with cadence and synchronization
- Supporting program execution
- Mapping the path to agency and program agility
- Leading successful change
What Attendees Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbook
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
- One Certification exam attempt upon General Availability of the course
Completion of this course gives you access to the exam and all related study materials as part of your Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform.
The first step toward becoming an Certified SAFe® Government Practitioner is to attend the SAFe® Government course. This is a requirement, because attending the course provides access to all the study materials and the exam. Note that attending the course does not guarantee passing the exam.
- Exam name – SAFe® 4 Government Practitioner Exam – or – SAFe® 5 Government Practitioner Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice; Multiple select
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe® Government course
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions – 45
- Passing score – SGP4 = 33 out of 45 (73%); SGP5 = 32 out of 45 (71%)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs US$ 50,–.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.