Who should attend
Network technicians and network designer who want to get conceptional knowledge about Voice over IP and the complex technial context.
Basic knowledge in IP networking.
In this course students get a comprehensive overview of the concepts and scenarios in the area of Voice over IP. After this course the students can create their own VoIP-concepts.
- Overview and Basics of Voice over IP
- Legacy Voice
- Voice protocols (SIP, MEGACO, H.248)
- FAX over IP
- Voice Codecs
- Issues with VoIP protocols
- QoS mechanisms
- Enterprise architectures
- Legacy Carrier Voice Networks
- VoX Protocols
- Carrier Architectures
- Case Study: Integration of a VoIP solution into an existing network infrastructure