Who should attend
This course is intended for anyone who will need to configure and maintain SecureSphere, such as:
- Database administrators
- Security team role(s)
- System administrators
- Web application developers, and professional services using Imperva SecureSphere.
Before taking this course, make sure you have the following skills:
- Working knowledge of Linux system administration and command line.
- Working knowledge Linux system configuration files, such as /etc/fstab or /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf, and the ability to edit them with the vi editor.
- General understanding of application layer security concepts, application layer Web, and/or database protocols.
- Experience implementing or managing data center security or database applications is recommended
SecureSphere System Administration is a prerequisite to Database Security and Compliance and Web Application Security training courses
In this 2 day hands-on training course, students will learn:
- How to install and maintain SecureSphere system components including the Management Server, Gateway, and Agents.
- How ensure connectivity among SecureSphere components and commonly integrated network devices.
- How to perform initial SecureSphere administration and configuration tasks that align with an organization’s architecture and specific requirements or follow Imperva best practices.
- Common cross functional tasks such as object creation, policy creation, basic rule understanding, system alert interpretation, and report generation.
- Advanced techniques to externalize the information collected by all major SecureSphere product lines.