Configuring BIG-IP LTM v13: Local Traffic Manager (LTMCONF)
Who should attend
This course is intended for system and network administrators responsible for installation, setup, configuration, and administration of the BIG-IP LTM system.
Students must complete one of the following F5 prerequisites before attending this course:
- Administering BIG-IP instructor-led course
- F5 Certified BIG-IP Administrator
This course gives network professionals a functional understanding of BIG-IP Local Traffic Manager, introducing students to both commonly used and advanced BIG-IP LTM features and functionality. Incorporating lecture, extensive hands-on labs, and classroom discussion, the course helps students build the well-rounded skill set needed to manage BIG-IP LTM systems as part of a flexible and high performance application delivery network.
- BIG-IP initial setup (licensing, provisioning, and network configuration)
- A review of BIG-IP local traffic configuration objects
- Using dynamic load balancing methods
- Modifying traffic behavior with persistence (including SSL, SIP, universal, and destination address affinity persistence)
- Monitoring application health with Layer 3, Layer 4, and Layer 7 monitors (including transparent, scripted, and external monitors)
- Processing traffic with virtual servers (including network, forwarding, and reject virtual servers)
- Processing traffic with SNATs (including SNAT pools and SNATs as listeners)
- Configuring high availability (including active/standby and N+1 sync failover device groups, connection and persistence mirroring, and sync-only device groups)
- Modifying traffic behavior with profiles (including advanced HTTP profile options, caching, compression, and OneConnect profiles)
- Advanced BIG-IP LTM configuration options (including VLAN tagging and trunking, SNMP features, and packet filters)
- Deploying application services with iApps
- Customizing application delivery with iRules and local traffic policies
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course.