Who should attend
The primary target audiences for the course are:
- Administrators – implementation and support of packet access solutions for Network Security
- Security Engineers / Network Engineers / Cloud Engineers – implementation and support of the packet access solutions for Network Security
The knowledge, skills and attitudes that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Basic working knowledge of Gigamon products & flow mapping configuration
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Routing & Switching (CCNA)!Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices: Accelerated (CCNAX) or equivalent working knowledge
- CompTIA Cloud+ or equivalent working knowledge
- ! or Cisco Certified Network Associate Security or equivalent working knowledge
- How to select a valid traffic source
- Connectivity requirements for inline and out-of-band tools
- Data requirements for inline security and network analysis tools
- Approaches and considerations for packet access for inline tools
- Traffic sizing for inline security and network analysis tools
- Approaches and considerations for out-of-band packet access
- How to implement a packet access solution in a physical network infrastructure
- How to reliably access packets for security analysis
- How to filter traffic to meet the needs of security tools
- Load sharing between inline security and network analysis tools
- How to implement packet optimization for analysis
- How to implement tool groupings for inline processing
- Traffic management for inline processing
- How to replicate traffic to out-of-band tools for augmenting inline security
- Approaches and considerations for packet access in the cloud
- How to implement a packet access solution in a cloud or hybrid network infrastructure
- How to extract virtualized traffic for use with virtualized and physical tools
Gigamon Certified Professional bootcamp is a 5 day, instructor led course that is designed to teach the fundamentals of Security for “Data in Motion”, next generation packet access technology and how to design and implement Gigamon technologies in a comprehensive security strategy. This course will illustrate those concepts, as well as provide hands-on experience implementing a packet access solution for network security.
This course covers packet access requirements for securing a network using inline tools and showcases Gigamon features such as Inline SSL Decryption and Flexible Inline Bypass. Also covered are security considerations and architectures for both cloud and physical environments as well as how to compliment inline inspection by utilizing out-of-band analysis.
Although this course features Gigamon products and features, it is intended as a broadly applied review of knowledge, skills and attitudes needed by anyone responsible for implementing packet access technologies in their network.
This course is also intended to help students prepare for the GCP certification exam.