Who should attend
This course is intended for:
- Security administrators
- Security analysts
- Security engineers
- Web application developers who are responsible for the implementation and configuration of the SecureSphere Web Application Gateway and for those who are responsible for securing and monitoring Web applications.
Before taking this course, you should have already completed SecureSphere System Administration training. In addition, make sure you have the following skills:
- General understanding of application layer security concepts, application layer Web, and/or database protocols.
- Experience implementing or managing data center security or database applications
In this 2 day hands-on course, students will learn:
- How to initially implement and configure SecureSphere for an on premise Web
- Application Firewall including ThreatRadar subscription services.
- How to evaluate the configuration of the Web Application Firewall to ensure it is monitoring protected assets you have identified.
- How to implement detection and protection controls using Policies and Followed Actions
- How to configure Web Profiling.
- How to analyze Violations and Alerts.
- How to perform best practice tuning tasks.
- How to configure Active Blocking and error pages.
- How to integrate external Web scanner data with SecureSphere and manage identified vulnerabilities.
- How and why to configure SecureSphere Web Gateway to work in a Reverse Proxy deployment mode.