The Cisco Certified Network Associate Voice (CCNA Voice) validates associate-level knowledge and skills required to administer a voice network. The Cisco CCNA Voice certification confirms that the required skill set for specialized job roles in voice technologies such as voice technologies administrator, voice engineer, and voice manager. It validates skills in VoIP technologies such as IP PBX, IP telephony, handset, call control, and voicemail solutions.
The CCNA Voice certification assesses skills and knowledge related to the Cisco Unified Communications Manager. It is typically employed by large organizations such as governments, large companies, and colleges. Additionally, the CCNA Voice Certification assesses skills and knowledge related to the Cisco CallManager Express (CME) and Cisco Unity Express (CUE) solutions typically used by medium and small organizations such as companies with less than 2,000 employees, retail businesses, and small school districts.
Any valid Cisco !, ! or any Cisco CCIE certification can act as a prerequisite.
Recommended training for this certification
!Introducing Cisco Voice and Unified Communications Administration (ICOMM 8)
Last day to test: September 17, 2015
CCNA Voice certifications are valid for three years. To recertify, pass ONE of the following before the certification expiration date:
- Pass any current Associate-level exam except for ICND1 exam or
- Pass any current 642-XXX Professional-level or any 300-XXX Professional-level exam, or
- Pass any current 642-XXX Cisco Specialist exam (excluding Sales Specialist exams or MeetingPlace Specialist exams, Implementing Cisco TelePresence Installations (ITI) exams, Cisco Leading Virtual Classroom Instruction exams, or any 650 online exams), or
- Pass any current CCIE Written Exam, or
- Pass the current CCDE Written Exam OR current CCDE Practical Exam, or
- Pass the Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) interview AND the CCAr board review to extend lower certifications
When using a higher level of certification to extend other certifications, the expiration date of other certifications will extend to the expiration date of the higher certification (i.e.: If you have one year left on your CCNA Voice certification and you earn a CCIE certification (which has a two-year certification life) then both your CCIE certification and your CCNA Voice certification will expire two years from the date you achieved the CCIE certification).