Who should attend
Developers and DevOps.
- Monitoring Microservices-based Applications Using Splunk APM
- Familiarity with using the command line terminal
- Basic knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Python, Java)
This 1-day virtual course targeted to developers and DevOps enables you to use to instrument your applications to send traces to Splunk APM. Through in-person discussions and hands-on activities, learn to deploy Splunk APM and use auto-instrumentation to send in traces without altering your code. Use manual instrumentation to create spans and add metadata to spans. You will also see how to configure and deploy the OpenTelemetry Collector.
This lab-oriented class is designed to help you learn the fundamentals of instrumenting your code to send in traces. All hands-on labs are in Python and Java.
- Deploy the Smart Agent
- Use Auto-Instrumentation to Send Traces
- Manually Instrument Applications to Send Traces
- Deploy and Configure the OpenTelemetry Collector