Quién debería asistir
This training is for technical support individuals, system administrators, system architects, engineers, and pre-sales technical support staff who implements PowerVC as a virtualization manager.
Students must already know the basics of configuring and managing a virtual I/O server and virtual devices as well as know how to use the HMC to manage partitions. This prerequisite can be met by attending the following course:
- AN30G Power Systems for AIX - PowerVM I: Implementing Virtualization
Descripción del Producto
This is a self paced course with lab demonstration videos.
IBM Cloud PowerVC Manager, an Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) offering, provides a self-service cloud portal for IBM Power Systems and is built on OpenStack. OpenStack is a collection of open source software projects that enterprises or service providers can use to setup and run their cloud compute and storage infrastructure. IBM Cloud PowerVC Manager provides an easy way to provision and manage virtual machines on IBM PowerVM based systems in a private or hybrid cloud setting. It comes in two versions, a standard edition and a cloud edition.
This course aims to provide an overall understanding of how to install and configure IBM PowerVC Standard Edition and IBM Cloud PowerVC Manager, in an environment with HMC and NovaLink.
Students will learn everything from the basics of installing IBM PowerVC to performing advanced administrative tasks. The course will also attempt to clarify the concepts involved in planning, deploying and implementing IBM Cloud PowerVC Manager and NovaLink. It will cover the basics of cloud computing from a technology standpoint as it is today, the product architectures of IBM Cloud PowerVC Manager and NovaLink, explain their benefits while showing how to implement the products.
- Unit 1: Introduction to IBM Power Virtualization Center
- Unit 2: Planning for IBM PowerVC
- Unit 3: IBM PowerVC installation, upgrade, and configuration
- Lab demo 1. Verification of prerequisites
- Lab demo 2. Installation of IBM PowerVC Standard Edition
- Lab demo 3. Adding hosts and virtual machines to IBM PowerVC
- Unit 4: IBM PowerVC user interfaces
- Unit 5: IBM PowerVC administrative tasks
- Lab demo 4. Upgrading to IBM Cloud PowerVC Manager
- Lab demo 5. Using the IBM Cloud PowerVC Manager user interfaces
- Lab demo 6. IBM Cloud PowerVC Manager administration
- Lab demo 7. Working with OpenStack projects, policies, and users
- Unit 6: Transitioning to cloud computing
- Unit 7: Features of IBM Cloud PowerVC Manager
- Unit 8: Managing virtual machines in PowerVC
- Lab demo 8. Capture images and create deploy templates
- Lab demo 9. Self-service provisioning with IBM Cloud PowerVC Manager
- Lab demo 10. Using REST APIs for metering
- Lab demo 11. Removal of resources
- Unit 9: IBM PowerVM NovaLink co-management with HMC
- Unit 10: Planning and installation of IBM PowerVM NovaLink
- Unit 11: Using IBM PowerVM NovaLink with IBM Cloud PowerVC Manager
- Lab demo 12. Installation of IBM PowerVM NovaLink
- Lab demo 13. Integration of IBM Cloud PowerVC Manager with IBM PowerVM NovaLink
- Lab demo 14. Capture and deploy using IBM PowerVM NovaLink