Advanced SAN Implementation (MR-1CP-NSMPIMP)
Quem deve participar
This course is intended for anyone who will be responsible for setting up advanced SAN configurations including:
- Interoperability between switch vendors
- Fabric routing services
- SAN Extension with FCIP
- iSCSI environments
- Boot from SAN
- Integration and design information/support
- Implementation procedures or assistance
- Providing technical support
- Designing and implementing strategies for ILM, storage tiering, storage technology refreshes, data migration, virtualization and data replication
To understand the content and successfully complete this course, a student must have a suitable knowledgebase/skill set. The student must have an understanding of A list of specific prerequisite courses can be found in EMC Education Services Learning Management System.
- Fibre Channel Protocols
- Storage Area Network (SAN) concepts
- IP Networking, FCIP and iSCSI Protocol Fundamentals
- Connectrix switch administration: B-Series and MDS-Series
- EMC storage administration: CLARiiON arrays
- Host operating systems – Windows and Unix
- Basic understanding of host LVM and array replication technology
- SAN design and implementation
Objetivos do Curso
This course focuses in advanced fabric configurations and multiprotocol implementations such as iSCSI, FCIP and FCoE. The class also covers migrating switches, routing, Boot from SAN with iSCSI and FC, optimization for virtualization, Encryption, and security and performance throughout the implementations. The course features hands-on labs where the student will configure each of the covered subjects and harden the environment with various security options. This is intended to provide a level-set for students who are generally quite familiar with SAN technology, but not as familiar with advanced and emerging products and technologies.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Identify advanced fibre channel concepts and requirements for fabric configuration.
- Describe start to end configuration of an advanced multiprotocol fabric.
- Configure VSANs and Virtual Fabrics.
- List the steps to migrate from an M-Model to a B-Series and/or MDS-Series switch.
- Describe Fibre Channel and iSCSI Boot from SAN.
- Describe Routing in the Fibre Channel Environment.
- Configure B-Series and MDS-Series Fibre Channel Routing.
- Identify and configure virtualization features on a Fibre Channel switch.
- Configure Port Analyzer hardware and software and describe steps to analyze a trace.
- Describe iSCSI features, functions and software requirements.
- Configure native and bridged iSCSI in B-Series and MDS-Series environments.
- Identify different discovery methods for iSCSI.
- Secure iSCSI with CHAP, IPSEC and IKE.
- Identify functionality benefits and hardware requirements of FCoE.
- Configure Host CAN and FCoE switch.
- Describe functionality, benefits and hardware requirements of Connectrix Encryption.
- Configure Connectrix Encryption
- Identify FCIP functions, features, benefits and hardware requirements.
- Configure FCIP in B-Series and MDS-Series Environments
- Optimize and Secure FCIP links.
Conteúdo do curso
These modules are designed to support the course objectives. The following modules are included in this course:
- Heterogeneous Fabric Migration
- Fibre Channel Boot from SAN
- Fibre Channel Routing
- Virtualizing a SAN Environment
- Securing and Optimizing a Fibre Channel SAN
- IP Trace Analysis
- Advanced iSCSI Configuration
- Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE)
- Connectrix Encryption
- Fibre Channel over IP (FCIP)
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course.