OpenHack – Power Platform (OHPP)
Please note attendees work together in teams of 5 as a minimum and the pricing advertised is per team of 5.
This OpenHack enables attendees to build a Power App that leverages the Dynamics 365 Healthcare Accelerator and key parts of the Power Platform, including Power Automate, AI Builder, Power BI, Data Connectors, and the Common Data Service (CDS), while also integrating with Microsoft Teams and Azure.
This OpenHack simulates a real-world scenario where Lamna Healthcare Company is a modern patient care organization that has already gone through their digital transformation journey. Now that their data lives on the Common Data Service, Lamna Healthcare’s management has requested a new round of improvements that enhance their proactive patient care. This involves implementing new requirements that will enable their care team to better manage their patients, predict patient health risks, and improve collaboration throughout the patient lifecycle.
During the “hacking” attendees will focus on creating a Power App for medical practitioners to better manage patients and linking it to the Common Data Service, building a custom connector and linking it to Azure Cognitive Services, using AI Builder to build an AI model, creating Power BI queries and visuals to satisfy reporting needs, creating an integration between Microsoft Teams and the Dynamics 365 Healthcare Accelerator app, and packaging their work into a managed solution to meet ALM best practices.
By the end of the OpenHack, attendees will have built out a technical solution that serves as an all-encompassing solution for the modern medical practitioner in the digital age, built on the building blocks of the Power Platform.
Quem deve participar
- Target Audience:
- Microsoft – CSE, CSA, TSP
- Enterprise Customers - App Developers, technical architects and decision makers
- Partners – App Developers, technical architects and decision makers
- Target verticals: Cross-Industry
- Customer profile: Examples:
- Modern Application Development – customers looking to build cloud native applications and use Platform As A Service (PaaS) services on Azure to remove the overhead of infrastructure management and reduce the time to market for applications. High focus on rapid application developed.
- Event Driven Distributed Architecture – customers looking to architected solution that rely on messaging services for communication between systems and services and focus on async processing for effective scaling and management.
To be successful and get the most out of this OpenHack, familiarize yourself with the Power Platform. We encourage everyone to complete the free ‘App in a Day’ Power Apps training course to learn the basics of building canvas and model-driven apps, using CDS to store data, and integrating with Power Automate.
Conteúdo do curso
Dynamics 365, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI, Common Data Service, Common Data Model, Data Connectors, Microsoft Teams, Azure Cognitive Services, AI Builder
Challenge 1: Create a Power Apps Canvas App
- Create a Power App with a reusable navigation system and multiple scrollable screens
- Connect the Power App to the Common Data Service
Challenge 2: Create a Custom Data Connector
- Create a Custom Data Connector using a Postman collection that calls Azure Cognitive Services API
- Connect the custom data connector to a Power App
- Convert images to text with Azure Cognitive Services
Challenge 3: Create an AI Model for Forms Processing
- Build and train a model for recognizing documents
- Build a component in Power Apps to digitize the content into CDS
Challenge 4: Create Power BI Queries and Visuals
- Create a Power BI Dashboard
- Create and utilize Power BI queries to pull data from multiple tables in CDS
- Create charts and light them up with data pulled from CDS
Challenge 5: Create a Microsoft Teams Integration with CDS
- Setup a CDS integration with Microsoft Teams
- Use Power Automate to automatically create collaboration teams in Microsoft Teams based on actions in CDS
Challenge 6: Create a Managed Solution of CDS extensions
- Create a managed solution containing all work completed in previous challenges
- Import the managed solution into a CDS environment containing the Dynamics 365 Healthcare Accelerator
- Build low code/no code business applications that directly address the needs of business users with the Power Platform
- Increase the skills needed to train others on how to build, extend, and connect on the Power Platform by working through and solving complex industry problems with Microsoft's Power Platform
- Learn best practices for building business applications
What should my skill level be to attend this OpenHack?
- Attendees should have at least completed the Power Apps “App in a Day” course and be familiar with CDS. They would ideally have a technical role in their organization.
Is there a suggested flow of OpenHacks which an attendee should attend first, before going to yours?
- Yes, attendees should have at least completed the PowerApps “App in a Day” course and be familiar with CDS. They would ideally have a technical role in their organization.
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course.