COBIT® 5 Assessor Course (COBIT5A)
Resumen del Curso
About COBIT 5:
COBIT 5 provides the next generation of ISACA’s guidance on the enterprise governance and management of IT. It builds on more than 15 years of practical usage and application of COBIT by many enterprises and users from business, IT, risk, security and assurance communities. Today, more than ever, information and related technologies need to be governed, managed and operated in a holistic manner—with a single, integrated process model that provides end-to-end coverage of the roles, responsibilities and practices required.
COBIT 5 provides a comprehensive framework that assists enterprises in achieving their objectives for the governance and management of enterprise IT. It helps enterprises create optimal value from IT by maintaining a balance between realizing benefits and optimizing risk levels and resource use. COBIT 5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise, taking in both the full end-to-end business and IT functional areas of responsibility, while considering the IT-related interests of internal and external stakeholders. COBIT 5 is generic, and is useful for enterprises of all sizes; whether commercial, not-for-profit or in the public sector.
- Scenario-driven learning has always been one of the key success factors of the ITpreneurs COBIT training approach, since it puts participants in the right mind-set to apply the principles of COBIT in real life. The all-new case study takes this into account and builds on it by:
- Providing more business-focused challenges through situations and cases
- Presenting a real world connect using situations that can occur in day-to-day life
- Discussing the application of COBIT with others
About the Examination:
- The COBIT 5 Assessor examination paper consists of three booklets: the scenario booklet, question booklet and the answer (sheet) booklet. The Scenario Booklet contains a scenario providing a description of performing a Process Capability Assessment using the COBIT 5 Process Assessment Model (PAM). In total, there are eight questions, each testing one syllabus area, in various formats (multiple choice, multiple response, matching responses and evaluating statements).
- The pass mark for the Assessor exam is 50%. Each of the eight questions contains 10 question lines, each of which attracts 1 mark, giving a total of 80 marks. Each of the eight questions will be sub-divided into parts. Each of these ‘part-questions’ will identify the portion of the 10 marks allocated to it.
- The exam is 150 minutes in duration.
- You may reference your copy of the COBIT 5 PAM and Assessor Guide during the examination, no additional support material is permitted.
- A successful practitioner candidate will be able to become an assessor or a lead assessor and apply for full ISACA certification if they can supply further proof of the competences required by ISACA
Quién debería asistir
- Internal & external Auditors who want to add process capability assessments to the scope of their audits.
- IT auditors who want to add process capability assessments to the scope of their audits.
- Consultants who want to be allowed to perform independent process assessments on behalf of their clients.
Successful Completion of the COBIT 5 Foundation Exam.
Objetivos del curso
- At the end of this course, you will gain competencies in:
- How to perform a process capability assessment using the Assessor Guide / COBIT 5
- How to apply the Process Assessment Model (The PAM) in performing a process capability assessment
- To use the Process Reference Model, in particular to be able to use the 37 processes outlined in the PRM
- To apply and analyse the measurement model in assessing process capability levels
- To apply and analyse the capability dimension using generic criteria outlined in the PAM
- How to identify and assess the roles and responsibilities in the process capability assessment process
- How to perform and assess the 7 steps outlined in the Assessor Guide
- Initiate a process assessment
- Scope an assessment, using the tools provided and the PAM for the selection of the appropriate processes
- Plan and brief the teams
- Collect and validate the data
- Do a process attribute rating
- Report the findings of the assessment
- How to use the self-assessment guide
Contenido del curso
In the COBIT 5 Assessor course you will master the understanding of how to perform a formal Process Capability Assessment and how it can be used to enable business goals, prioritize improvement activities and identify opportunities for improving the governance and management of IT assets.
The course provides the basis for assessing an enterprise’s process capabilities against the COBIT 5 Process Reference Model (PRM). Evidence-based to enable a reliable, consistent and repeatable way to assess IT process capabilities, this model helps IT leaders gain C-level and board member buy-in for change and improvement initiatives.
Assessment results provide a determination of process capability. They can be used for process improvement, delivering value to the business, measuring the achievement of current or projected business goals, benchmarking, consistent reporting and organizational compliance. The course is supported by practical exercises and engaging case-based scenarios.
A successful practitioner candidate will be able to become an assessor or a lead assessor and apply for full ISACA certification if they can supply further proof of the competences required by ISACA.
The course is available as a 2 or 3 day course. The third day is optional for the exam.
Por el momento no hay fechas programadas para este curso