Resumen del Curso
In this course you will learn how to translate various concepts in Snowflake to the analogous concepts in BigQuery. You will learn how the high-level architectures of Snowflake and BigQuery compare, understand differences in how to configure datasets and tables, map data types in Snowflake to data types in BigQuery, understand schema mapping from Snowflake to BigQuery, optimize your new schemas in BigQuery, and do a high-level comparison of SQL dialects in Snowflake and BigQuery
Quién debería asistir
Current users of Snowflake (Data Engineers, Data Analysts, Data Scientists, Application Developers) migrating to BigQuery.
Completion of a course covering an introduction to BigQuery (e.g. ”From Data to Insights with Google Cloud”) or equivalent experience using BigQuery.
Objetivos del curso
- Comparing architecture and provisioning of resources in Snowflake and BigQuery
- Configuring datasets and tables in BigQuery
- Mapping data types in Snowflake to data types in BigQuery
- Mapping and optimizing schemas from Snowflake to BigQuery
- SQL translation from Snowflake to BigQuery