Quién debería asistir
This course is intended for the person who has responsibility for daily system operations.
It is not intended for technical audiences who are seeking an in-depth look at how the Power System with IBM i works. This audience should instead attend the IBM i Technical Introduction (OL4AG).
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Objetivos del curso
- Control system operation using System i Navigator, Systems Director Navigator for IBM i, and 5250 emulation also called green-screen interfaces
- Send and receive messages
- Find and use Control Language (CL) commands
- Use the online help and reference materials
- Monitor and control jobs, job queues, output queues, and devices
- Save and restore objects and libraries
- Saving to Virtual Tape
- Start and stop the system
- Perform problem determination and reporting
- Describe Program Temporary Fixes (PTF) management
- Create and maintain user profiles, group profiles, and authorization lists
- Describe system security
- Describe how Management Central is used to manage multiple System i servers
Contenido del curso
This introductory course enables a new system operator to develop basic to intermediate level skills needed for day-to-day operations of the Power System with IBM i. Focus is given to using the GUI (IBM i Access Client Solutions and IBM Navigator for i) as well as 5250 emulation sessions to perform tasks including job control, monitoring, sending messages, managing systems devices, and more. Hands-on exercises reinforce the lecture topics and prepare the student to successfully operate a Power System with IBM i.