Course Organizational Logistics:
- A maximum of 18 people can attend this course with 1 instructor
- Classroom with U-shaped seating arrangement
- 2 break out rooms where available
- Whiteboard, flipchart, projector
- Previous ITIL Certificate numbers need to be provided prior to the start of the course
- Course runs 08:00 – 5:00 each day – the exam can be schedule from 1:00 - 2:30 pm on the last day
Quién debería asistir
The Planning Protection and Optimization Capability course will be of interest to:
- Individuals who have their ITIL Foundation Certificate (or the ITIL v2 Foundation + v3 Foundation Bridge certificate) who want to purse the intermediate and advanced level ITIL certifications.
- Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the Planning Protection and Optimization processes and how these may be used and how these may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organization.
Candidates for this course must:
- Hold an ITIL Foundation Certificate or ITIL v2 Foundation + v3 Foundation Bridge Certificate
- There is no minimum mandatory requirement but 2 to 4 years professional experience working in IT Service Management is highly desirable
It is also strongly recommended that candidates:
- Can demonstrate familiarity with IT terminology and understand the context of Planning Protection and Optimization management of their own business environment is strongly recommended.
- Have exposure working in the service management capacity within a service provider environment, with responsibility emphasizing on at least one of the following management processes: (Capacity Management, Availability Management, IT Service Continuity Management (ITSCM), Information Security Management and Demand Management)
- It is recommended that candidates are familiar with the guidance detailed in the ITIL Service Lifecycle Practices core publications prior to attending training for this certification, in particular the Service Design publication.
Objetivos del curso
Upon completion of this course and examination, the learner will gain competencies in:
- Understanding Service Management as a Practice and how the processes within Planning Protection and Optimization support the Service Lifecycle
- Knowing the important role of Planning Protection and Optimization in service provision and understanding of how the in-scope processes interact with other Service Lifecycle processes
- The activities, methods and functions used in each of the Planning Protection and Optimization processes
- The application of Planning Protection and Optimization processes, activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- How to measure Planning Protection and Optimization performance
- The importance of IT Security and how it supports Planning Protection and Optimization
- Understanding technology and implementation requirements in support of Planning Protection and Optimization
- The challenges, critical success factors and risks related with Planning Protection and Optimization
Contenido del curso
This 5-day course immerses learners in the practical aspects of the ITIL Service Lifecycle and processes associated with the Planning Protection and Optimization of services and service delivery. The main focus of this course is on the operational-level process activities and supporting methods and approaches to executing these processes in a practical, hands-on learning environment. This training is intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply the practices throughout the Service Management Lifecycle. This course is designed using an engaging scenario-based approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice and positions the student to successfully complete the associated exam.
The Course includes the opportunity to take the exam at the end of class, and if necessary, Fast Lane will provide you with a free re-take.
About the Examination:
- Evidence of ITIL Foundation Certificate or ITIL v2 Foundation + v3 Foundation Bridge Certificate and completion of Service Design Lifecycle course from an Accredited Training Provider is required to sit the exam
- It is recommended that students should complete at least 12 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the associated areas of the ITIL Service Management Practice core guidance, in particular Service Design publication in preparation for the examination.
- The syllabus can be downloaded from: http://www.itil-officialsite.com/Qualifications/ITILV3QualificationScheme.asp
- The exam is a closed book exam with eight (8) multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions.
- Exam duration is a maximum 90 minutes for all candidates in their respective language (candidates sitting the examination in a language other than their first language have a maximum of 120 minutes and are allowed to use a dictionary)
- Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one of which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks.
- Pass score is 28/40 or 70%
- Distinction pass score is under consideration
- Upon successful passing of the ITIL Planning Protection and Optimization Capability exam, the student will be recognized with 4 credits in the ITIL qualification scheme.
- Project Management Institute – Professional Development Units (PDUs) = 30