Quién debería asistir
Developers and Site Reliability Engineers that are new to container technology.
- Some experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies.
- Experience in the use of a Linux terminal session, issuing operating system commands, and familiarity with shell scripting is recommended.
Objetivos del curso
Impact on the organization
A container-based architecture improves application reliability, scalability, and facilitates continuous integration and continuous deployment. This course provides the foundation needed for OpenShift development and is the entrypoint to digital transformation through application containerization.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, you will understand the foundations of container-based application development. You will be able to run, manage, and troubleshoot containerized applications. This course is the starting point for the OpenShift developer curriculum and provides the foundation you will need to advance to cloud-native developer courses.
Follow On Courses
Contenido del curso
A developer introduction to building and managing containers with Podman for deploying applications on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
Red Hat OpenShift Development I: Introduction to Containers with Podman (DO188) introduces students to building, running, and managing containers with Podman and Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform. This course helps students build the core skills for developing containerized applications through hands-on experience.
This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 8.6 and OpenShift® Container Platform 4.10. The Red Hat Certified Specialist in Containers exam (EX188) is included in this offering.
Course content summary
- Introduction to containers
- Run containers with Podman
- Build custom container images
- Manage container images
- Remote debugging with containers
- Basic container networking
- Persist data with containers
- Run multi-container applications
- Troubleshoot Container Deployments
- Orchestrate containers with OpenShift and Kubernetes