Quién debería asistir
This course is intended for technical professionals responsible for the design, configuration, operation, monitoring, or support of NetBackup.
Students should be familiar with general network and storage concepts, and the administration and configuration of Windows or Linux operating systems. Students must also have one to three years experience with basic NetBackup administration, configuration, and operation. These prerequisites can be met by attending thecourse plus additional on-the-job experience.
Objetivos del curso
The NetBackup 7.7: Advanced Administration course provides the IT professional with instruction on advanced NetBackup 7.7 software functionality and administrative tasks. This course covers advanced NetBackup topics, including NetBackup performance, disaster recovery, application backups on physical and virtual machines, virtual machine accelerator backups, and security. This course also covers using NetBackup to manage Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, and Microsoft SharePoint database backups.
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Improve NetBackup performance by addressing bottlenecks, tuning NetBackup buffers, and becoming familiar with NetBackup performance enhancing features.
- Prepare for common disasters and plan for disaster recovery using optimized duplication, Auto Image Replication, and MSDP catalog protection policies.
- Describe requirements for backing up third-party applications and databases.
- Configure NetBackup to back up and restore Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, and Microsoft SharePoint databases.
- Discuss strategies for Oracle, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, and Microsoft SharePoint database recovery.
- Configure, run, and manage backups for applications running in virtual machines.
- Configure accelerator for VMware virtual machines.
- Ensure your NetBackup environment is secure using encryption, auditing, authentication, and authorization.
Contenido del curso
- NetBackup Concepts
- Improving NetBackup Performance
- Disaster Recovery Strategies and Auto Image Replication
- Application Backup Concepts
- Managing Oracle Backups with Intelligent Policies
- Managing Microsoft SQL Backups with Intelligent Policies
- Managing Microsoft SharePoint Backups
- Managing Microsoft Exchange Backups
- Enhancing Virtual Machine Protection
- Securing the NetBackup Environment
- Trends in Enterprise Backups