RPG IV Programming Advanced Workshop for IBM i (AS10G)
A comprehensive exposure to some of the advanced features and functions of the language for experienced RPG IV programmers. Power-programming for the discerning!
Who should attend
This course is the second in a series of two classes designed for programmers who want to learn to code using the IBM i ILE RPG IV language. Previous programming experience using RPG IV is mandatory before enrolling in this course. The student should have attended RPG IV Programming Fundamentals Workshop for IBM i (AS06G).
Previous techniques and the maintenance of programs written using legacytechniques are not covered in the classroom.
You must have attended these courses (or have equivalent experience):
- Introduction to IBM i for New Users (OE98G)
- IBM i Technical Introduction (OL4AG)
- RPG IV Programming Fundamentals Workshop for IBM i (AS06G)
You should be able to:
- Use a Windows-based PC
- Run PC applications using menus, icons, tool bars, and so forth
After completing this course, the student should be able to:
- Use address pointers and user spaces in RPG IV programs
- Write database triggers in RPG IV
- Develop ILE modular objects and package them in service programs
- Explain the purpose of ILE Activation Groups
- Explain the behavior of Error Handling and Percolation in ILE
- Code an ILE Error Handling program
- Call iSeries APIs from RPG IV programs
- Describe how to use CGI in RPG IV for web applications
This course teaches additional skills and techniques to programmers who can already write comprehensive RPG IV programs.
This class offers a comprehensive discussion of some of the advanced features and functions of RPG IV. This class is designed to enable an experienced RPG IV programmer to develop and maintain RPG IV programs of an advanced level using the latest features and techniques available in the IBM i RPG IV compiler.
|Entrenamiento en línea Zona Horaria: Europe/Paris Este curso será presentado por un socio||