Course Organizational Logistics:
- A maximum of 18 students can attend this course with 1 instructor
- Classroom with U-shaped seating arrangement
- 2 break out rooms where available- Whiteboard, flipchart, projector
- Previous ITIL Certificate numbers need to be provided prior to the start of the course
- Course runs 08:00 – 5:00 each day - the exam can be scheduled from 1:00 – 2:30 pm on the last day
Quién debería asistir
The Release, Control and Validation Capability course will be of interest to individuals who have their ITIL Foundation Certificate who want to purse the intermediate and advanced level ITIL certifications, as well as those who require a comprehensive practical understanding of the Release, Control and Validation processes.
Candidates for this course must:
- Hold an ITIL Foundation Certificate or ITIL v2 Foundation + v3 Foundation Bridge Certificate
There is no minimum mandatory requirement but 2 to 4 years professional experience working in IT Service Management is highly desirable. It is also strongly recommended that candidates:
- Demonstrate familiarity with IT terminology and understand the context of Release, Control and Validation management in their own business environment
- Have some experience of working in a service management capacity within a service provider environment, with responsibility relating to at least one of the following service management processes:
- Change management, Release management, Configuration management, Service evaluation and quality assurance, Knowledge management, Service validation and testing
- It is strongly recommended that candidates read the ITIL Service Lifecycle core publications in advance of attending training for the certification, and in particular the Service Transition and Service Operation books.
Objetivos del curso
At the end of this course, the learner will gain competencies in:
- Understanding Service Management as a Practice and Service Transition principles, purpose and objective
- Knowing the important role of Release, Control and Validation in service provision and understanding of how the in-scope processes interact with other Service Lifecycle processes
- The activities, methods and functions used in each of the Release, Control and Validation processes
- The application of Release, Control and Validation processes, activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- How to measure Release, Control and Validation performance
- The importance of IT Security and how it supports Release, Control and Validation
- Understanding technology and implementation requirements in support of Release, Control and Validation
- The challenges, critical success factors and risks related with Release, Control and Validation
Contenido del curso
This 5-day course immerses learners in the practical aspects of the ITIL Service Lifecycle and processes associated with the Release, Control and Validation of services and service delivery. The main focus of this course is on the operational-level process activities and supporting methods and approaches to executing these processes in a practical, hands-on learning environment. This training is intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply the practices during the Service Management Lifecycle. This course is designed using an engaging scenario-based approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL best practice and positions the student to successfully complete the associated exam.
The Course includes the opportunity to take the exam at the end of class, and if necessary, Fast Lane will provide you with a free re-take.
Course Student Material:
Students receive a copy of the classroom presentation material, practice exam, case study, homework and assignments.
About the Examination:
- Evidence of ITIL Foundation Certificate or ITIL v2 Foundation + v3 Foundation Bridge Certificate and completion of the Release, Control and Validation Capability course from an Accredited Training Provider is required to sit the exam It is recommended that students should complete at least 12 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the associated areas of the ITIL Service Management Practice core guidance, in particular Service Strategy, Service Design and Service Transition publications in preparation for the examination.
The syllabus can be downloaded from:
The exam is a closed book exam with eight (8) multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient scored questions.
- Exam duration is a maximum 90 minutes for all candidates in their respective language (candidates sitting the examination in a language other than their first language have a maximum of 120 minutes and are allowed to use a dictionary)
- Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one of which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks.
- Pass score is 28/40 or 70%
Upon successful passing of the ITIL Release, Control and Validation Capability exam, the student will be recognized with 4 credits in the ITIL qualification scheme. Project Management Institute – Professional Development Units (PDUs) = 30